Being apolitical on a really Political Day – a dievca’s view in NYCPosted: November 8, 2016
Yes, dievca voted.
No, she isn’t going to tell you who she voted for – she’s sure you don’t care.
Maybe, you are interested in happenings around NYC (and a couple of other places), today.
Being apolitical is tough in NYC, right now. dievca’s life is swamped with people talking, arguing, analyzing, working, eating, breathing politics.
Nov. 08. 2016, so far….
dievca worked the first half of a split day.
At 5:00 am biking to work she ran into the police starting to barricade the Javits Center for Hillary Clinton’s “watching” event.
While working she spotted a kid with a fun T-shirt on and when she showed the photo to a co-worker he asked if it was in reference to Trump and Pu**y….
“No, it’s just a kid in a t-shirt, no subliminal message…”
- Master voted with an absentee ballot and is working a polling place in PA.
- Another co-worker’s partner is from Miami, he’s calling friends to get the Hispanic Vote.
- A friend is working the polls in Delaware.
- A friend is doing political performance pieces outside of Trump’s “watching” venue.
- dievca’s foreign friends living in NYC texted to make sure she voted.
- A friend in the Nederlands says that the election is on TV, 24/7 (dievca is so sorry…)
- A co-worker in Sweden sent a text saying “what a mess” (dievca agrees…)
- Canadian co-workers making commentary (at least their Prime Minister is “hot”)
- Some co-workers voted in states that needed their vote by using absentee ballots.
- Everyone is telling dievca who they voted for (why?) she is surprised in some cases.
Riding home, dievca caught up with a couple of cops to ask what the road/sidewalk closures are going to look like for tonight. Not good, dievca will be taking a bus or walking back to work.
It’s not that dievca doesn’t care who runs the country. The whole political process is not her thing and she is private about her choices. she thinks the Presidency is a sh*t job and you would have to be crazy to want to do it. But, years ago, dievca watched a documentary about Women getting the Vote in the USA and ever since, she has voted and is an “informed” voter — no matter how much she hates politics. Those Women went through hell to get the vote.
That said, dievca does have to admit she was relieved when she saw the advertisement for the
After you vote, its all-weather and smooth Jazz from 3:00 pm till Midnight… dievca is in!
(Is that not the most brilliant marketing ploy? Well done, Weather Channel, well done.)
Photos: dievca NYC 10/08/2016 Neighborhood Anecdotes #3 T-shirt available on redbubble.com "The Cat Party"