Finding some Joy~ suggestionsPosted: April 30, 2017
It’s been grey in NYC. dievca has tried to find a bit of sunshine to get through the day. Her Zadig & Voltaire “Amour” Sweater has been pulled out and put to use:
But, she needs more…
Here’s where she is going, maybe a couple of suggestions will speak to you:
- Talk to kids.
- Play with kids.
- Play like a kid.
- Learn something new (play a new sport or game, learn how to cook a new dish).
- Get outside, visit nature.
- Breathe Deep.
- Smell a Rose.
- Help someone in a small way (by carrying their groceries or help them up the stairs).
- Wear a favorite outfit.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Nurture romance (spend time just kissing your partner, buy a surprise gift, write a love letter).
- Lose yourself in a great book.
- Laugh and smile, no matter how you’re feeling.
- Sing out loud.
- Connect authentically with friends and family, sharing your vulnerabilities and happiness.
- Dance. If you can’t dance, just skip, gallop or run.
- Look around your World and appreciate it.
- Pay a compliment to a total stranger.
- Listen to “feel good” music.
- Serve others. Volunteer.
- Set a goal, then work to reach it.
- Enjoy the silence.
- Write a thank you letter or call someone for no particular reason other than just to say “I appreciate you.”
- Get messy (go barefoot, play in the sand).
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Offer to teach someone a new skill.
- Read a poem.
- Turn your errands into an adventure (make a game out of finding the shortest route through the store or spotting a VW bug while driving there).
- Take a nap in the sun.
- Ask someone for help and appreciate their sharing.
- Watch a favorite old movie for the hundredth time.
- Discover a new smell.
- Get rid of stuff. (Give to friends/family, resell, and donate – lightening your load and making someone else’s life better.)
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Make a commitment to change a bad habit, then do it.
- Create something.
- Eat a cupcake.
- Spend an evening by candlelight.
- Take a walk in the rain.
Or, maybe, try this sweater: