HungoverPosted: July 1, 2019
The watermelon salad was amazing, but it didn’t hold up to the rosé wine and the sun.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (10 cups), chilled
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta, olives and onion and toss gently. Garnish with the mint and serve.
dievca is going to take a nap. Enjoy the salad. XO