Lisbon is a lot of walking on hills paved with cobblestones.
Gorgeous views, excellent wine, heat, plus a lot of people in August.
Avoiding the trams due to crowds
Age comes into it when you pull a hamstring and your hips/back step in to carry the load. Makes for a really hurting 7th day.
dievca is laying low, stretching and trying to get her muscles to relax before the flight on Sunday… Wish her luck. XO
harsh discordance of sound; dissonance:
a cacophony of hoots, cackles, and wails. a discordant and meaningless mixture of sounds: the cacophony produced by city traffic at midday.
dievca experienced a cacophony of bodily noises as she slept. Every time she flipped over, reached for water, readjusted the sheets something popped or cracked. In the morning, she was amazed to find that her body was still in one piece without a lot of pain.
Various factors added to the experience:
- Aggressive deep tissue full body massage
- Running around with packing and errands
- Extensive play session with Master
- Session on a vibrator plate at the gym pre-flight
- Passing out on the flight to Europe
- Heavy stretching session after the flight
- Two beers and a long hot tub soak with friends
- A lot of salt from a BBQ and not enough water
- Pushing through to shift the sleep schedule
- Passing out in a very comfortable bed
- Hot flashes
It was a symphony of noise, unlike anything, dievca had ever experienced before…
What caused the noise?
Escaping gases: The synovial fluid present in the joints acts as a lubricant and contains oxygen, nitrogen and carbon dioxide. When a joint pops or cracks the joint capsule is stretched causing gas to release quickly.
Movement of joints, tendons, and ligaments: When a joint moves, the tendon’s position changes and moves slightly out of place. A snapping sound can occur as the tendon returns to its original position. Your ligaments can also tighten as you move your joints resulting in a cracking sound and most commonly occurs in your knees or ankles.
Loss of cartilage: Arthritic joints tend to make more noises as the loss of smooth cartilage means the bones rub together on a rougher, more unstable surface.
Ligaments: Ligaments are fibrous tissues that connect two bones at a joint. Tight ligaments are prone to popping when they are suddenly moved, this sometimes results in short-lived pain in the area or sometimes you may not experience it at all.
Tendons: Tendons are fibrous tissues that connect muscle to bone and can also cause popping noises around a joint. This is most commonly found in snapping hip syndrome which causes a snapping sensation when the hip is flexed and extended.
Scar tissue: After joint injury or surgery, scar tissue, known as adhesions, is formed by the ligaments which are more prone to popping and cracking.
Why did it end up feeling very good:
When you pop a joint a stretch occurs in the joint capsule which results in relaxation of the surrounding muscles meaning that it feels particularly good in those tight or stiff places! This is also a good indication of where you might be tight in the body. Another theory suggests that popping a joint releases natural painkillers (or endogenous opiates) in the body.
Whatever – dievca was just happy to wake up in one piece and be functioning after all the noise.
Have you ever had this happen?
1. Your butt muscles are the largest muscles in your whole body. (Latin: Musculus glutaeus maximus, medius, minimus) The a** has to keep your whole torso up and the stronger your butt muscles are, the higher you can jump.
2. Your butt could cause alcohol poisoning far more easily than your mouth. Drinking with your butt (aka using alcohol enemas) might sound interesting but pouring alcohol into your bottom means the alcohol doesn’t have the stomach and liver (which help make alcohol less toxic) to go through before it gets into your bloodstream. Yes, you are likely to get drunk much faster, but if you do feel like throwing up, the alcohol isn’t in your stomach so you can’t throw it up and there’s no other way to get it out faster. Really not a good idea.
3. Wiping your butt with baby wipes might not actually be a great idea. A lot of people have allergic reactions and can get dermatitis from the chemicals in baby wipes, so you’re better off just sticking to soap and water or regular toilet paper.
4. If you are female, odds are you have a bigger butt than your male friends or male partner because that’s where your estrogen tells fat to go. Men’s bodies tell their fat to go to their stomachs but women’s estrogen directs it right to our butts, which is why you’re more likely to see a guy getting heavier in his stomach and have his butt stay the same size for life.
5. You can get skin cancer on your butt even if its never seen the light of day. Skin cancer can appear in unlikely places like between your fingers and toes, and on your underarms, butt, and genitals, so make sure your doctor is checking everywhere on your body because you never know and also keep an eye out yourself (a hand mirror is your friend). dievca’s Mom learned this firsthand…a spot was found where the sun don’t shine. It made dievca laugh, her Mom loved the sun in the 1970s, but the problem spot was hidden…
6. There’s actually a word that means “I totally get turned on by butts.”It’s called Pygophilia. That’s quite a word if you feel like working it into your daily conversation.
7. The larger your a** is, the smarter you are. According to a University of Oxford study, being a woman with a big butt was linked to being more intelligence, supposedly due to having more omega-3 fats which help with brain development.
8. Your larger rear actually makes you less likely to get seriously ill. That same University of Oxford study that told you your big butt makes you smarter also found that women with bigger butts are less likely to get diabetes and heart disease, even though those are two things associated with obesity. Basically, the fat in the lower parts of your body releases fewer cytokines. Insulin resistance has been associated with abnormal secretion of proinflammatory cytokines.
dievca and Master are going swimming, but not in the Hudson River.
The river is a bit dirty and the currents can be significant.
Instead, they will be hitting a local lap pool.
- Stella McCartney x Adidas Orange Snakeskin One-Piece Swimsuit.
- Speedo Black Silicone Swim Cap.
- Speedo Clear Hydroplex Goggles.
OK, the suit is not super-glamorous on the sundeck. It is reasonably flattering.
Master has been working out consistently.
He has left His dievca in the dust.
dievca has been cleared by her Doctor’s as healthy.
she leaves for Europe at the end of July.
It’s time to turn it on.
Some kind of physical workout every day.
Today is stretching.
Does D/s Play count?
Dad has been swallowing food.
But can he handle liquids without them going down the wrong pipe?
It’s interesting to watch.
The difference between having a feeding tube or not.
Isn’t the Human Body amazing?
You know, the US Midwest is a really beautiful place. The photos are of the dawn of a day that is supposed to hold rain. There is a woodpecker, pecking. Geese are flying back up North. Squirrels are scrambling, a Fox found its stash and moved it (there is a fox den somewhere on dievca’s parents land).
dievca is usually very aware of her surroundings and bodily movements in space.
Master calls her, “Self Aware”, internally and externally.
That brings us to personal Health.
With older Parents, one may be hyper-aware of Mortality. And you begin to be more in tune with your body — or you will choose to ignore your body…
dievca’s Aunt fought help, hid out and passed with maggots on her legs – it was a battle – always.
dievca’s Doctor put it this way, “There are patients who check their stool and those who don’t. Those who do, pay attention to little things in their body even if they are not palatable. They know when something is going wrong.” dievca checks, dievca’s Mom – doesn’t. dievca’s Dad, does…
It’s killing dievca’s Mom that everyone is aware and checking. Perhaps even making commentary.
But, she is the one benefitting from the checks and analysis.
And it is making EVERYONE’s life easier.
Mom is a pain-in-the-a**, but not as disagreeable and nasty as dievca’s Aunt
So, dievca is an advocate of bodily and mental awareness.
It saves a lot of trouble down the line.
Don’t forget to stop and analyze the Dawn.
That’s pure Joy.