Repost from June 29th, 2014 with the addition of defining a Nightgown.
What is a Nightgown?
A nightgown, nightie or nightdress is a loosely hanging item worn for sleeping. In the past it was worn by men and women, today, it is almost exclusively worn by women. The nightgown acquired prominence during the Victorian Era. From that early stage, nightgowns were being used to keep one on winter nights and as a stylish home wear as well.
- A nightgown may have any neckline, and may have sleeves of any type, or be sleeveless, and any shoulder strap or back style.
- The length of a nightgown may vary from hip-length to floor-length. A short nightgown can be called a “shortie” or a “babydoll”, depending on the style. The sweep (taper from top to bottom) of the night-gown can vary from almost straight, to full circle sweep.
- A nightgown may be made from cotton, silk, satin, or nylon and may be decorated with lace appliqués or embroidery at the bust and hem.
- A slip nightgown may be used as a nightgown or as a full slip.
- Nightgowns may be worn with a matching outer garment, a robe, sheer chiffon peignoir or dressing gown, to make them proper for receiving guests.
All Vintage Lingerie pieces were found on Etsy, prices ranging from $15.00 to $425.00.
Sometimes elegance is called for when serving your Sir or Madame.
Grace, Elegance and Lucidity
Perhaps your Dominant seeks to build an environment of grace, elegance and lucidity within the D/s relationship.
To that end (loosely based on Protocols from Robert J. Rubel, PhD):
• The submissive is responsible for identifying and employing ways of incorporating graceful movement into her presentation and style.
• The submissive is expected to have and to use high-level language skills. The submissive will use correct grammar and develop a vocabulary commensurate at ease with that of a person with a college degree.
• The submissive is responsible for learning a pleasing vocal tonality, to modulate her voice, and to enunciate words clearly.
• The submissive is responsible for being sensitive to personal dress and appearance at all times.
Sometimes being sensitive to personal dress calls for erotic elegance.
dievca suggests Agent Provocateur Baroness Slip (photo) or something similar.
It delivers Grace, Elegance and Lucidity in High Style.
Posted Oct. 21st, 2013
My first post on WordPress Sept. 27th, 2013
I still have and wear the cuff.
A cuff to remind me that I am Master’s dievca. The weight, the feel, the look is a quiet nod to my submission. Can you see the cuff with a white t-shirt and jeans? A little black dress? Adding edge to something flowy and romantic?
√ Body Lotion
√ Hair Product
√ Air Dryed Curls
√ Nail Polish
√ Facial Cream
√ Cat Eyes
√ Bold Red Lips
√ Vivienne Westwood Heels
√ Master’s Collar
12 photos, two graphics
Happy Labor Day!
As a submissive, serving comes in many different guises.
(Serving something fresh and healthy shows Master that His dievca cares.)
- Cherry Tomatoes from dievca’s cousin’s garden
- Mushrooms – fresh
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Basil from dievca’s fire escape
- Parmesan cheese, grated by hand
- (you could add tuna or chicken for protein)
How do you serve your Sir or Madame to show you care?