Where do you go when the World gets a little crazy?
What habits, activities, processes happen?
dievca is still working, but when she has a chunk of open time after wiping down the refrigerator….three things may occur:
- The vintage 1990’s Champion Sweats appear, cosy and worn in
- Alexa plays Classic Cassette Era Rock, 1970’s Pop, 1980’s New Wave, 1990’s Alternative
- dievca’s nose gets stuck in a Sci-Fi / Fantasy novel
Master just laughs at His dievca when she hides from the World – He knows she’ll come back to Reality with Him.
But Master isn’t here and dievca has slipped into her 90’s Alternative Universe with Mazzy Star. Yes, she has her Champion Reverseweave Sweatshirt on:
What do you do to slip away?
Mazzy Star – Fade Into You – 10/2/1994 – Shoreline Amphitheatre (Official)
Fade Into You
I wanna hold the hand inside you
I wanna take the breath that’s true
I look to you and I see nothing
I look to you to see the truth
You live your life, you go in shadow
You’ll come upon and you’ll go black
Some kind of night into your darkness
Close your eyes with what’s not there
Fade into you
Strange you never knew
Fade into you
I think it’s strange you never knew
The strange light comes on slowly
A stranger’s heart is out of home
You put your hands into your head
And your smiles cover your heart
Songwriters: David Roback / Hope Sandoval
Sometimes you walk the City in complete wonder. Viewing the Empire State building on a clear Sunday morning after a messy weather Saturday night. (Zoom on the photo, its lovely)
Then you head to a grocery store for items to make a Ham Bone and Potato Soup using the Christmas Hambone.
The recipe turns out to be a keeper.
1 ham bone, with visible meat
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups water
1⁄2 teaspoon celery seeds or 1 stalk celery, chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 medium red potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
1⁄2 cup butter
1⁄2 cup flour
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a Dutch Oven, bring to a boil over medium heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat easily comes off the bone with a fork. Shred ham from the bone, discard any fat, return meat to the pot. Add diced potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat being careful not to brown. Add flour, stirring constantly until incorporated well. Bring heat to medium/high and gradually stir in the Half n Half until creamy, thick and bubbly, stirring constantly, being careful not to scorch. Once it thickly coats the spoon, remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir the sauce mixture into the potato pot over medium heat, stirring constantly. Let simmer until soup reaches the desired consistency. You can add milk to adjust.
- There has been no salt added to this point. Add salt, pepper, garlic, herbs or seasonings to your taste.
- dievca added a finely chopped garlic clove and a chicken bouillon cube at the beginning. 3 chopped carrots and cauliflower pieces were added with the potatoes.
Recipe from Food.com – Shelley Lee is the author
So, dievca’s cousin said she didn’t think the Church had orechovnik (nut roll) available, but another cousin said he knew a bakery in Ohio which does mail-order and is quite good.
Note: dievca is the youngest of a SLEW of older cousins with an 8-year gap between her and the nearest in age – you know those Catholics, no birth control. 🙄
dievca ordered a bunch of orechovnik and koláče for her parents and her one brother who is celebrating his birthday. Everything arrived on time and in excellent condition. The koláče went over very well with dievca’s brother and her Mother. Dad prefers his orchnovnik. They froze two extra nut rolls for when dievca arrives in February.
If you read the bakery’s history, it tells about when they decided to focus on one location and online presence – they trimmed their offerings to the most popular items. That ended up being mostly eastern European baked goods.
Apparently a good choice.
Conceived as an alternative to conventional women’s lingerie labels, MARIEYAT presents a range of androgynous undergarments that challenges the male gaze. Blending the traditionally decorative elements of lingerie with the uncompromising simplicity of unisex underwear, designer and Central Saint Martins alumnus Marie Yeung creates innovative undergarments that are at once comfortable and sensual. Bras, bodysuits, and tank tops crafted in soft rib knit jerseys feature seamless construction and natural textiles. Unexpected details such as deconstructed bindings, graphic cut-outs, and suspender straps embellish high-rise thongs and mid-rise briefs. Slinky silk jersey slips and cotton thigh-high socks round out the label’s offering of minimal base layers.
Niina Suspender Tank
dievca sees this as a comfortable,
yet pleasant surprise for Master when he arrives
for crêpes and Cockworship. 😘
an unlined bra without underwires or a clasp.
a tight-fitting crop top with thin straps.
What is the difference between a Bra and a Bralette?
A bralette is an unstructured bra, which means it’s usually unlined, unpadded, and wireless.
Most bralettes consist of the following characteristics: an elastic band, sewn with two fabric (lace, or some other breathable, stretchy material) triangle cups. These cups will often have a dart design to accommodate for the volume of the breast. Since the fabric is stretchier and there is no underwire part, bralettes will respect the shape of your natural breast.
What is the point of a Bralette?
Bralette are more comfortable because of a closer and less structured fitting; you don’t feel constricted while wearing them. They have thin or lacy straps like a regular bra and offer some support to your breast. Bralettes look great under any casual outfit.
Bralette or Bralet?
dievca has seen it spelled both ways, but Bralette seems to be more common spelling and as far as she knows…both versions of the word describe the same type of lingerie top.
Spell & The Gypsy Collection Lingerie — Bralets and Panties.
PS. Is anyone feeling “Spice Girl-ish” after seeing that Union Jack Bralette?