Photos: Top two – Bryant Park Christmas Village Starlight shop, Middle – January 1987 Poem, Bottom two – the star dievca bought.
dievca was at Thanksgiving Dinner and she asked a cousin what they were doing on Friday.
The cousin said, “Going shopping, of course!”, like dievca was stupid.
Ah, yes, Black Friday.
dievca had forgotten about that activity when you lived in the suburbs.
she internalized a smug smile because she was not going to be sucked into that foolishness…
Actually…that’s not true~
20% off of sale items at FarFetched.com
40% off of select items at The Modist.com
25% off of select sale items and 30% off of select full price items at Yoox.com
20% off at Zazzle.com
10% off of sale items at Matches Fashion.com
40% off of select items at Loup Charmant.com
And, yes, dievca spent her pennies at Farfetched, The Modist, Zazzle and Matches…
So, dievca is as pathetic or….worse than her cousin.
The smug smile was replaced with a laughing eyeroll.
Our Family isn’t considered a “Military Family” but we’ve got it covered for Military Service:
Purple Hearts, Honorable Discharges, ROTC, Military Academies, etc.
Let’s see, a number of DD 214 Alumni and a some active duty members:
Air Force (Korea)
Army (Vietnam, after Vietnam)
Navy (WWII, Vietnam, after Vietnam, current)
Marine Corps (Korea, Gulf War, current)
Merchant Marines (WWII)
Coast Guard (current)
Military Spouses (former, current)
Good Morning and Thank You to those who served our country.
dievca is all turned around. Her parents do that to her – it all blends. she hasn’t missed her dental appointment or dinner with friends, but it came close. You have seen this in the blog….she did Lingerie on Wednesday. (yesterday) instead of Thursday. Click “yesterday” if you missed it.
Now dievca knows why her Mother is always asking her what day it is….no papers coming, dievca doesn’t watch TV and hasn’t been on the computer too much because there is weeding, sorting, gardening, cleaning, trips to the store, family visits and trying to include her Dad and Mom as much as possible (slow going). All is a blur.
We will see if she makes it to her flight – tomorrow? or maybe the day after. Argh! she better look.
Is dementia catchy? dievca feels short-term memory loss is just one of the signs of old age. she IS getting older in Libra.
Good News! The Home Aide broke dievca’s parents coffee maker which ground coffee beans. It was an older Melitta Mill & Brew Coffee Maker and it took a Master’s degree to work it when you didn’t do it everyday. A pain-in-the-neck to clean.
dievca bought her Parent’s a Keurig K55/K-Classic Coffee Maker from Amazon. They make one cup of coffee for dievca’s Mother, per day. It also means that dievca can get a decent cup of coffee without using her Graduate degrees.
And that is one way to celebrate Labor Day — Use less Labor.
(On hand, 8 O’Clock Original Coffee from Maryland, started in 1859. It’s a solid basic coffee.)
PS. Those people from the Czech Republic did come over and it made dievca’s Dad really happy.
Coffee, Tea and Kringle.
In the United States, kringles are hand-rolled from Danish pastry dough (wienerbrød dough) that has been rested overnight before shaping, filling, and baking. Many sheets of the flaky dough are layered, then shaped into an oval. After filling with fruit, nut, or other flavor combinations, the pastry is baked and iced.
Racine, Wisconsin has historically been a center of Danish-American culture and kringle making. A typical Racine–made kringle is a large flat oval measuring approximately 14 inches by 10 inches and weighing about 1.5 pounds. The kringle became the official state pastry of Wisconsin on June 30, 2013.
Dreaming back to a gentle moment in NYC because…
after getting off the plane in the Midwest, I was off to the races!
- Urgent Care immediately upon arrival for Mom (non-emergency, something that needs to be watched)
- Feeding Tube Prep, Meds grinding/dilution (My brother needed a weekend off)
- Heard some stories 4 times already (no clue he told me = short-term memory wipe. Told well)
- Apparently my Father imposed on some Friends who have relatives in from the Czech Republic, he insisted on them bringing them over. Ages 10-17 with their Mother, ummm, at 9 am. Yeah, Dad gets up at 9.
- No food to offer them, 10 pm grocery run.
- Music band playing until midnight across the lake, an accordion involved.
- Serious Thunder Boomers at 2 am, spectacular, loud, scary and a tree went down in the yard.
- Having coffee before we are off to the races!
Hope your weekend is rolling along in a gentle way. My 18 hours is…rockin’!
No, not the drug. This:
- It’s a very comforting feeling to drive a road you love. It’s also called the “Outer Drive”. I forgot that the song was used in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
- It’s a very comforting feeling to listen to Chicago accents and think about my brothers graduating High School in the 70’s. And, yeah, there were drugs. Even if you were phenomenal athletes like they were ~ heck, maybe it helped.
I missed out. My age being many moons after them. That’s not a bad thing.
Here’s the story of the song from the manager and the last surviving member of the band who wrote the song, Skip Haynes. He died last year. Cancer. I always wonder about those DDT trucks, cruising neighborhoods killing mosquitoes. Do you wonder?