Assessing the PracticalitiesPosted: September 20, 2022 Filed under: Entertainment, Home and Garden, Master | Tags: bacon, BDSM, comic, D/s, dievca, healthcare, Humor, Life, Love, Master, physical health, practical 2 Comments
Master has a check-up scheduled,
do you think this is how the conversation will go?
A visit to the dentist during COVID-19Posted: October 2, 2020 Filed under: Entertainment | Tags: BDSM, COVID-19, D/s, dental work, dievca, healthcare, Humor, Life, submissive Leave a comment
It’s TMI – so no one tells you directly (something of use)Posted: August 7, 2020 Filed under: Body Type, Discussion | Tags: Age, BDSM, body awareness, colonoscopy, D/s, dievca, Health, healthcare, Humor, Life, perimenopause, submissive Leave a comment
No one talks about peri-menopause. No one talks about colonoscopies.
For both topics, there are “hints” and “innuendo” – interspersed with potty humor (colonoscopy) or the suggestion of mental instability (perimenopause).
dievca is looking at both topics straight in the eye. One came to the attention of the other this week….
The colonoscopy prep is tedious. Here are some things of use to help one get through it:
- Chill your prep solution as long as you can before drinking
- Don’t sniff the prep solution
- Don’t swish the solution in your mouth because you are pondering swallowing
- Use a straw to keep the texture and salty and sweet taste away from your tongue
- Take small to medium sips
- Swallow as fast as you can to limit the taste in the mouth
- Take a small sip of water/clear fluid to dilute and rinse the taste from your mouth
- If you feel nauseous, take longer pauses between sips – even if you go beyond the time limit for drinking the prep
- If you feel like you need something more substantial in your stomach than liquids, suck on hard clear candies, eat light-colored Jello, apple sauce, and Italian ice. No red or purple colors.
- Keep a cream available for a sore bum
- If everything coming out stays neon yellow – don’t panic. As long as its clear, you are ok.
- Finish the prep as best you can, but know that if you throw some up – it is not a problem as long as emissions are clear
- Your blood pressure is going to be high due to dehydration, don’t panic
- Schedule the procedure in the morning, so you don’t have to wait if someone before you has a problem and you can get to your caffeine as soon as possible after the surgery.
For the Ladies:
When dievca checked in for the procedure – they insisted on her taking a pregnancy test (!)…..on the hint that she still gets periods. That’s where perimenopause rears its head. How old are the people getting their 1st colonoscopy? In their 50’s – when does perimenopause start? late 40’s early 50’s on the average. The question, “Do you still get your period?”, can be a loaded question and awkward to answer~ Be aware. It’s tough to pee in a cup when you are dehydrated.
The procedure itself is quite simple and your a** does not hang out for everyone to see.
A side note: A close friend’s sister died at 40 from colon cancer. dievca’s friend was constantly on people to get a colonoscopy ASAP. Sadly, that friend was the one who beat gallbladder cancer only to die from pancreatic cancer at 50. dievca finally honored her promise to her friend, she knows her friend was watching. All clear.
Sole Searching – Something of UsePosted: May 15, 2020 Filed under: Accessories, Body Type | Tags: aging, ball, BDSM, D/s, dievca, Foot Massage, health benefits, healthcare, Life, stretching, submissive 4 Comments
Rolling the foot with a ball is an exercise you can complete on your own as a way to massage and stretch the bottom of the foot and the plantar fascia making it much less likely to become irritated. A ball can help to improve flexibility and range of motion of the ankle.
The type of ball to be used is open — what do you have at home? A softer ball is easier to start with and you can work your way up to a lacrosse ball or a golf ball.
Put enough pressure on the ball to get a deep massage. You may feel some soreness, back off if you feel any pain.
Try it… Sole Searching
Remember the ball loosens up stiffness in your sole’s muscles, joints, and connective tissues.
How to do it:
1. Circle the ball under your heel with some pressure.
2. Slowly roll your foot from heel to toe through the middle of the foot. Repeat for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Roll the ball side to side so the ball crosses your arch. for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Curve your toes around the ball to open up the phalanges and metatarsals. Help with your other foot if needed.
Repeat with your other foot.
Searching for extras and the ways to sharePosted: March 28, 2020 Filed under: Discussion, Home and Garden, Neighborhood Anecdotes (NYC) | Tags: BDSM, community service, COVID-19, D/s, dievca, healthcare, Life, Love, NYC, Relationships, submissive Leave a comment
dievca spent the day calling Midwestern small town ACE hardware stores and Farm/Fleet stores, she contacted both her Alma Maters Nursing and Biology programs, work maintenance group and friends. Searching for masks.
Not the ones people are so generously sewing. The heavier duty ones that can be used for a swamped ER in a local hospital. A personal friend who runs the ER has severe asthma – reusing a mask is unsafe.
Everyone dievca called/emailed were very kind in replying and searching their facilities or stores. The Nursing departments and Biology departments already donated. Work needed their masks. The ACE hardware stores were out but took their time to look properly. Farm/Fleet came through with a small amount. Better than nothing and dievca had the time to search. she’s still trying to figure out how to get in touch with the closed NYC nail salons.
dievca was doing this for a specific individual and could have them shipped directly.
But, if you have some spare masks or other supplies and are willing to share, here are suggestions where to share the items safely: https://thecity.nyc/2020/03/how-can-i-donate-supplies-to-new-york-hospitals-in-need.html
Just a little advice,Posted: October 5, 2018 Filed under: D/s Relationship, Master, submissive | Tags: 1950's Household Kink, BDSM, D/s, dievca, healthcare, hygiene, Life, Master, Morning, submissive 5 Comments
as dievca pays her dental bill….
and has breakfast with Master.
Update…three choices…and a potential game changer.Posted: February 23, 2018 Filed under: Musings | Tags: dievca, Father, feeding tube, healthcare, learning, Life, Love, Relationships, submissive, travel 4 Comments
1.) Feeding tube in stomach and go to rehab place.
2.) Feeding tube in stomach and full-time nurse at home.
3.) No feeding tube. Hospice in home.
I’m pretty sure some of you have been here, or somewhere close, before.
“You know those young doctors – “well, he’s 87 and had a good Life”, they don’t care unless it’s their Dad. Then she walked in, a Geriatric Doctor, slightly older and she didn’t understand why she hadn’t been called earlier.” – dievca’s brother
There is a Geriatric Doctor?
There are two seizure meds?
It may be one too many?
Might be causing the drowsiness?
Removal might help with………..swallowing……..
And the game changes. We will see~ Crossing fingers. Knocking wood.
Seniors over age 85 are the fastest-growing segment of the population. If you or any of your loved ones are over 65, being treated by a geriatrician can make all the difference. Geriatricians are primary care doctors who have had additional training in the health care needs of older people.
PS. The staff of the facility where dievca’s Dad is being treated has been stellar. Sometimes pieces and people get tangled, you learn as you go. Sometimes you don’t know the right questions to ask – but dievca is keeping notes for herself, Master, family, etc. None of us are getting any younger.