dievca realized that she wrote this post and forgot to put it out there. These are some outfits from the Holidays – but are appropriate for the Winter. All were pulled from dievca’s closet of goodies.
Holiday Party downtown Brooklyn, brownstone, friends:
Holiday Work Party, formal venue, meeting with Master afterward:
At home: cozy mulled wine and dinner with close friends:
get for the Holidays?
Well those Aquazzura boots that dievca wanted were $800+, on sale. And the Chloe green leather Trench? $4K. So, both pieces were dreamy, but not realistic.
dievca asked for more simple items:
she’s desperate to start a garden, again…
and something to carry her jewelry and Collar to Master’s in a slimfit line:
Master? dievca went very practical after a closet clear-out, which Master loved:
Tomtar på loftet
Think someone is crazy? They must have “tomtar på loftet”, or “elves in the attic”. Which, to be honest, with the Holiday craziness going on – would probably be everyone at this moment. They’re a bloody nightmare, elves, right?
So, perhaps you will seek clarity in a Prescription Coffee:
That might not be enough – you may have to seek your place of true peace: BDSM
Either way, please have that coffee for Christmas Eve to stave away the Elves in your Attic!
as you are cruising the Holiday Party chaos…
Common thought holds that there are two types of social personalities. Extroverts are the norm, and they tend to draw energy from their physical and social environment and interactions in highly social situations. Introverts have got more attention, as characterized by Susan Cain in her 2012 work Quiet: the Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. Not surprisingly, introverts tend to draw their power from solitude and silence.
But there might be a third category of social personality: the ambivert. You may be an ambivert and not know it, but with the list of signs below, you might diagnose yourself and plan accordingly.
I like getting my energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of different activities. I’m excited when I’m around people and I like to energize other people. I like moving into action and making things happen. I generally feel at home in the world. I often understand a problem better when I can talk out loud about it and hear what others have to say.
The following statements generally apply to me:
- I am seen as “outgoing” or as a “people person.”
- I feel comfortable in groups and like working in them.
- I have a wide range of friends and know lots of people.
- I sometimes jump too quickly into an activity and don’t allow enough time to think it over.
- Before I start a project, I sometimes forget to stop and get clear on what I want to do and why.
I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with. I take time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what I’ll be doing when I decide to act. Ideas are almost solid things for me. Sometimes I like the idea of something better than the real thing.
The following statements generally apply to me:
- I am seen as “reflective” or “reserved.”
- I feel comfortable being alone and like things I can do on my own.
- I prefer to know just a few people well.
- I sometimes spend too much time reflecting and don’t move into action quickly enough.
- I sometimes forget to check with the outside world to see if my ideas really fit the experience.
The fact is, extraversion and introversion isn’t an either/or type of thing. It’s a spectrum and you can lie anywhere along that spectrum.
10 Signs You Are Probably An Ambivert
- You are most comfortable in crowded spaces, but when you are in them, you don’t tend to seek out interaction.
- You tolerate or engage in small talk, but can get very engaged in intimate conversations.
- You adjust your personality based on the energy level of the company you are in.
- You might be the life of the party – until you are 100% drained and cannot manage that energy any longer.
- In spite of being the life of the party at times, you find it hard to assert yourself and your needs in intimate situations.
- Meeting new people is fine, and being in new places is fine, but meeting new people in new places overwhelms you.
- You can’t decide which is a better memory – that one party or that night spent alone watching Netflix.
- You understand very quickly what drives others.
- Group projects or solo ones – you always achieve the same (high) level.
- You’ve been called both an extrovert and an introvert, and didn’t know there was another option until now.
So….who are YOU?
An extrovert, an introvert, an extroverted-introvert, an introverted extrovert, an ambivert?
Photos: Leonard Freed 1966 NYC Office Party – Magnum Photos
Looking at Type: The Fundamentals by Charles R. Martin (CAPT 1997)
Communication Motivation by Jacob Cashman
The Main Library
Up 5th Avenue – Saks 5th Ave
Across to 6th Ave – Radio City Music Hall
And over past Macy’s ‘Lego’ Window
(From Master and dievca's meadering walk) Photos: dievca Midtown 11/2018
dievca normally buys Holiday Gifts throughout the year. This year, she is running a bit late….hence the Christmas Gift Post for Him on December 15th. All of the items on this page can be bought at Amazon and have Prime shipping available. Hope this list helps you out. XO
(Click on the photos to purchase an item.)
dievca would like to state a few definitions and offer some options for a Presentation Outfit.
a portmanteau of the words costume play, is a performance art in which participants called cosplayers wear bought or self-made costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character.
women’s underwear and nightclothes.
– Urban Dictionary
A girl who dresses in a sexy Santa dress or red lace lingerie on Christmas Day/night to have sex with her boyfriend or sex buddy.
Now dievca assumes that a Santa Baby can be male, too!
But her offerings are leaning towards the female dressing options of Santa Baby Lingerie.
Master asked dievca what she wanted for Christmas and, of course, her immediate answer was:
(cue Mariah Carey)
The visions of Master with a hard, jutting cock,
jingle bells and a Santa Hat danced through her head.
Not very submissive — dievca’s knows, but she was on a roll. See?
dievca doesn’t think Master appreciated her demented humor.
Perhaps He prefers this vision of Santa:
A Presentation Outfit possibility — via Bettie Page
(OK, distracted – Master just sent fabulous photos of Himself and His Grandchild – better than Nude Santa’s)
Let dievca leave you with this video for the morning:
(click here for a little background music during this post)
As dievca and Master were traversing Midtown to get some Holiday Photos, lo and behold they ran into some Really Big Balls… Master got on to a roll of quips that had dievca in stitches and, of course, dievca couldn’t remember any of them for today’s post.
So, she asked Master if he remembered what he said:
“In New York City, even the buildings have big balls.”
“If you have big balls, you don’t need to show them.”
Would you mind giving my balls a quick polish?
Size up those balls, Boys!
Not as delicious as Schweddy Balls.
On their Christmas show, NPR hosts Margaret Jo McCullin (Ana Gasteyer) and Terry Rialto (Molly Shannon) welcome baker Pete Schweddy (Alec Baldwin) to “The Delicious Dish” to discuss his famous holiday dessert: Schweddy balls. [Season 24, 1998]
Do you have any good quips?
Checking the Christmas Tree Lights
6th Ave. Midtown NYC 2018
Photos: Top two – Bryant Park Christmas Village Starlight shop, Middle – January 1987 Poem, Bottom two – the star dievca bought.
Frozen elegance in Bryant Park!
This year was the coldest Thanksgiving since November 30th, 1871.
According to the National Weather Service, that year there was a low of 15 F(-9.4 C) and a high of 22 F(-5.55 C) .
This year’s windchill took the temperatures downward.
Black Friday started out chilly (17 F or -8.3 C) — after this Frozen Moment we are back to 50 F (10 C).
Yet, dievca did cycle to work and Jury duty…
And people wonder why they are sick~
Photos: dievca Bryant Park fountain 11/2018