Sometimes you are looking for that word and you just cannot find it in English,
perhaps another language can help:
- Kummerspeck: literally means “grief bacon,” but actually means gaining weight from eating your feelings (German)
- Abbiocco: a feeling of drowsiness after stuffing yourself full of food (Italian)
- Forelsket: It is not love. It is not passion or lust or infatuation. It is a kind of bliss. A kind of effervescent joy. The unbearable lightness of being that accompanies falling in love.
- Schemomedjamo: to eat past the point of being full because the food is that good (Georgian)
- L’appel du vide: a feeling familiar to anyone who has climbed to the top of a mountain, looked over a bridge or stood on the edge of a balcony. It translates to “the call of the void.” It is the siren song that faintly compels you to jump. (French)
- Tartle: The nearly onomatopoeic word for that panicky hesitation just before you have to introduce someone whose name you can’t remember. (Scottish)
- Gigil: The urge to pinch or squeeze something that is irresistibly cute. (Filipino)
- Bakku-shan: Describes the experience of seeing a woman who appears pretty from behind but not from the front. (Japanese)
- L’esprit de l’escalier: Literally, “stairwell wit” — a too-late retort thought of only after departure. (French)
- Bilita Mpash: An amazing dream. Not just a “good” dream; the opposite of a nightmare. (Bantu)
And sometimes there are just no words:
Sephora: Morning rituals become more exciting!
More reviews for the sponge on Sephora’s site: “Great sponge but why orange? Sephora should have gone with light and dark skin tone shades, for obvious reasons,” wrote one person. “Ummmmm, at least it’s circumcised????!!!” wrote someone else. A third person commented: “They’re cute. Ya’ll need some mind bleach, jeez,” although it’s unclear why they would suggest that.
Thanks to "the Cut" for the morning humor.
Every 4 years THE HAT comes out to be worn for two weeks.
It’s the same version of the 2010 Winter Olympics Hat that Lindsey Vonn was photographed in during Vancouver…and sits in a small NYC apartment, unused, except for 14 days every 4 years.
After 20,160 minutes*3 Olympics…it needs dry cleaning.
Beyond wearing the hat, dievca tries to watch as many Olympic Sporting Events as she can. Including:
- The amazing talented and in-shape Norwegian Skiers
- Women’s Hockey Gold Medal Game
- American Women winning the CC Team Sprint
- The Dutch Speed Skating Powerhouses
- Nathan Chen falling apart, then getting it together.
- North Korean Cheerleaders
- Etc., Etc., Etc.
- As dievca writes this, speed skating is on.
Something beyond watching the Olympic Games at home and with friends, has been the media posts:
Lindsey Vonn lost to this Snowboarder turned Downhill Skier, Ester Ledecka, from the Czech Republic, who celebrated with KFC:
Other fantastic Tweets:
CHLOE KIM – 17 Year Old Snowboard Gold Medalist
TRAVEL ADVISORY FROM THE GERMAN FOREIGN OFFICE:
AND FIGURE SKATING’S ADAM RIPPON WAS ON FIRE:
MORE ADAM TWEETS HERE:
So as dievca packs to get to her Dad, tomorrow — THE HAT will be taken off and placed in the dry cleaning pile. Wearing THE HAT and watching the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics has brought a lot of Joy to dievca during a rough two-week period. Isn’t it ridiculous how silly things can make one so happy. Ah, well…I am a simple dievca. 😘
dievca’s favorite Muppet is the headliner for today!
And don’t lie to yourself — EVERYONE is a grouch at some point….embrace it.
dievca was looking for a little Grouch Couture for inspiration and came up with these photos:
But then realized that if she was really going to be true to her Mentor, Moschino was the way to go!
(Who doesn’t NEED a garbage can crossbody bag?)
PS. dievca is meeting Master for coffee, we will see if He is grouchy~
HAVE AN EXCELLENT GROUCHY MOMENT!
said the Master to His dievca.
Immediately, a number of visuals flashed into her head:
So…..What does charming mean?
Definition of charming
: extremely pleasing or delightful : entrancing
- a charming restaurant, He has such charming manners
Hmmm, seems a bit sketchy.
dievca sent this back:
But it never hurts to read up before a Gig.
The funny thing is….Master is naturally charming, but dievca just couldn’t resist. she might pay for this~
And that book cover is from a 1962 Self-help book for Females. (more on the book, later)
So….are you CHARMING?
Just a TASTE — see ALL the options here:
Bryan Regan is a Raleigh, NC based commercial and
editorial photographer. Photography school drop out,
who learned his craft assisting photographers across
the country back in the film days. When he’s not
booked, he’s out shooting personal projects and
spending time with his family.
A HUGE “Thank you” to Bryan for allowing me to share his fun photography with you. XO dievca