There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.
William Cullen Bryant
Redolence is the way something smells.
dievca always pauses on her way to work to enjoy the redolence of the flowering crabapple trees. The trees are in blossom earlier this year than last.
The word redolence almost always refers to the very best odors and scents.
be full of the joys of spring
to be very happy:
Speaking of the Joys of Spring – the gift from Master.
The start of dievca’s Garden.
Channeling Marilyn’s Joy this weekend!
It’s been grey in NYC. dievca has tried to find a bit of sunshine to get through the day. Her Zadig & Voltaire “Amour” Sweater has been pulled out and put to use:
But, she needs more…
Here’s where she is going, maybe a couple of suggestions will speak to you:
- Talk to kids.
- Play with kids.
- Play like a kid.
- Learn something new (play a new sport or game, learn how to cook a new dish).
- Get outside, visit nature.
- Breathe Deep.
- Smell a Rose.
- Help someone in a small way (by carrying their groceries or help them up the stairs).
- Wear a favorite outfit.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Nurture romance (spend time just kissing your partner, buy a surprise gift, write a love letter).
- Lose yourself in a great book.
- Laugh and smile, no matter how you’re feeling.
- Sing out loud.
- Connect authentically with friends and family, sharing your vulnerabilities and happiness.
- Dance. If you can’t dance, just skip, gallop or run.
- Look around your World and appreciate it.
- Pay a compliment to a total stranger.
- Listen to “feel good” music.
- Serve others. Volunteer.
- Set a goal, then work to reach it.
- Enjoy the silence.
- Write a thank you letter or call someone for no particular reason other than just to say “I appreciate you.”
- Get messy (go barefoot, play in the sand).
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Offer to teach someone a new skill.
- Read a poem.
- Turn your errands into an adventure (make a game out of finding the shortest route through the store or spotting a VW bug while driving there).
- Take a nap in the sun.
- Ask someone for help and appreciate their sharing.
- Watch a favorite old movie for the hundredth time.
- Discover a new smell.
- Get rid of stuff. (Give to friends/family, resell, and donate – lightening your load and making someone else’s life better.)
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Make a commitment to change a bad habit, then do it.
- Create something.
- Eat a cupcake.
- Spend an evening by candlelight.
- Take a walk in the rain.
Or, maybe, try this sweater:
Sigh, dievca always cries during the Olympics. Winter or Summer.
Having been an elite Athlete for the USA,
she know how much pain and joy the athletes have known.
Emotions overwhelm her.
dievca is so happy to see the work done to achieve the honor of attending the Olympics.
she hopes every athlete competes well and brings their best.
It is a lifetime of work, presented to the World.
Here’s a photo mix of past inspirational athletes and gold medal winners from Rio.
Sport is one area where the World comes together in Peace.
Tell dievca that you only root for your country, tell her that you are not inspired from a great Road Cycling Race, Football Match, amazing Synchronized Diving skills, a fabulous High Jump — that you are not wiggling in your seat from a catchy Women’s Gymnastic Floor event. If you tell her that…she will make you sit next to her and watch with her eyes.
(BTW, another area of Peace is Science — but that is something for another post.)
PS. dievca mutters and asks questions through each event, analyzing the body mechanics, rules, performance, tactics. Master is patient with her and is humored.
dievca will cry, again, on August 21st with the closing Ceremonies.
When the time to share the dreams of others comes to an end.
Dreams fulfilled or crushed.
A reflection of Life.