Pretty sure this sucked for all parties involved.
Prayers to all, alive and lost.
Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart.
Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language.
Do not now look for the answers.
They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them.
It is a question of experiencing everything.
At present you need to live the question.
Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer.
…but something fine comes along. It’s different, however, it’s still fabulous.
Mind you, dievca’s favorite Nirvana band member is Dave Grohl.
She ran into this interview after watching the previous video: Dave Grohl’s Mom, Virginia, Talks About Raising A Rockstar Child. As a former educator and believer in different forms and paths for learning – dievca appreciates her take on raising her son effectively to be a musician.
The Seven Learning Styles
Visual (spatial):You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
Aural (auditory-musical): You prefer using sound and music.
Verbal (linguistic): You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
Physical (kinesthetic): You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
Logical (mathematical): You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
Social (interpersonal): You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
Solitary (intrapersonal): You prefer to work alone and use self-study.
dievca tends to run verbal and logical — as she mutters to herself and create lists and structures of knowledge (ask Master).
How do you learn effectively?
Your learning styles have more influence than you may realize. Your preferred styles guide the way you learn. They also change the way you internally represent experiences, the way you recall information, and even the words you choose.
Research shows us that each learning style uses different parts of the brain. By involving more of the brain during learning, we remember more of what we learn. Researchers using brain-imaging technologies have been able to find out the key areas of the brain responsible for each learning style.
- Visual: The occipital lobes at the back of the brain manage the visual sense. Both the occipital and parietal lobes manage spatial orientation.
- Aural: The temporal lobes handle aural content. The right temporal lobe is especially important for music.
- Verbal: The temporal and frontal lobes, especially two specialized areas called Broca’s and Wernicke’s areas (in the left hemisphere of these two lobes).
- Physical: The cerebellum and the motor cortex (at the back of the frontal lobe) handle much of our physical movement.
- Logical: The parietal lobes, especially the left side, drive our logical thinking.
- Social: The frontal and temporal lobes handle much of our social activities. The limbic system (not shown apart from the hippocampus) also influences both the social and solitary styles. The limbic system has a lot to do with emotions, moods and aggression.
- Solitary: The frontal and parietal lobes, and the limbic system, are also active with this style.
With that information cooking in your brain, let dievca leave you with her favorite version of “Smells Like Teen Spirit”. Auditory only…XO
Thank you to Kottke for the Joan Jett/Nirvana videos and learning-styles-online.com.
1.) Feeding tube in stomach and go to rehab place.
2.) Feeding tube in stomach and full-time nurse at home.
3.) No feeding tube. Hospice in home.
I’m pretty sure some of you have been here, or somewhere close, before.
“You know those young doctors – “well, he’s 87 and had a good Life”, they don’t care unless it’s their Dad. Then she walked in, a Geriatric Doctor, slightly older and she didn’t understand why she hadn’t been called earlier.” – dievca’s brother
There is a Geriatric Doctor?
There are two seizure meds?
It may be one too many?
Might be causing the drowsiness?
Removal might help with………..swallowing……..
And the game changes. We will see~ Crossing fingers. Knocking wood.
Seniors over age 85 are the fastest-growing segment of the population. If you or any of your loved ones are over 65, being treated by a geriatrician can make all the difference. Geriatricians are primary care doctors who have had additional training in the health care needs of older people.
PS. The staff of the facility where dievca’s Dad is being treated has been stellar. Sometimes pieces and people get tangled, you learn as you go. Sometimes you don’t know the right questions to ask – but dievca is keeping notes for herself, Master, family, etc. None of us are getting any younger.