Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that’s also good for you.
It contains only 46 calories per cup but is high in vitamin C, vitamin A and many healthy plant compounds.
- Helps you hydrate
- Vitamin C: 21% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin A: 18% of the RDI
- Potassium: 5% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 4% of the RDI
- Vitamins B1, B5 and B6: 3% of the RDI
Watermelon is also high in carotenoids, including beta-carotene and lycopene. Plus, it has citrulline, an important amino acid.
- Contains compounds that may fight cancer
- May improve heart health
- May lower inflammation and oxidative stress
- May help prevent Macular Degeneration
- May help muscle soreness
- Is good for skin and hair
- Can improve digestion
While eating your way to health – it might be fun to wear a Watermelon via LOEWE!
by Shel Silverstein
Said the pelican to the elephant,
“I think we should marry, I do.
’Cause there’s no name that rhymes with me,
And no one else rhymes with you.”
Said the elephant to the pelican,
“There’s sense to what you’ve said,
For rhyming’s as good a reason as any
For any two to wed.”
And so the elephant wed the pelican,
And they dined upon lemons and limes,
And now they have a baby pelicant,
And everybody rhymes.