Sometimes you need MJ and Soul Train to get you going in the morning!
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking ‘cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking out the door
You never will get where you’re going
If you never get up on your feet
Come on, there’s a good tailwind blowing
A fast walking man is hard to beat
If you want to change your direction
If your time of life is at hand
Well don’t be the rule, be the exception
A good way to start is to stand
If I want to change the reflection
I see in the mirror each morn (Oh you do!)
You mean that it’s just my election (Just that!)
To vote for a chance to be reborn
They always have suggestions for improving a mood and in dievca’s case 6 out of these 34 suggestions worked.
- De-clutter. Getting organized can help us feel instantly calmer. Just five to ten minutes is enough to tackle a small project, like a desk or the kitchen table.
- Rearrange some furniture. Changing an environment can help us feel refreshed, enabling us to bust out of a negative mood.
- Get some sun. A boost of vitamin D can keep the blues at bay. Head outside for a brisk walk around the block. If that’s not possible, station yourself near a window for a few minutes.
- Spend time with Friends. If you want to be happy and calm, spend time around calm, happy people.
- Celebrate good times. Look at happy photos or spend a minute or so thinking back on positive memories (that first 5K finish line, a group trip to the waterpark, that amazing scone from a no-name coffee shop)—nostalgia can trigger happiness.
- Eat for a positive mood. We are what we eat, so step away from the unhappy meal. Instead, try out these meals to boost your mood. Up the happiness quotient by setting a nice place for yourself, lighting a candle, and giving thanks for the meal.
dievca allowed herself to decorate the apartment lightly – she felt less stressed when she decided that she didn’t have to do the full Christmas blowout. Holiday Hints throughout the apartment has made it feel festive for guests and herself. Having dinner with lovely people completed her mood change.
What works for you?
Photos: dievca home decor 12/2021
Reminding dievca of her older brother
And getting some giddy-up to get moving to work on a Saturday.
Enjoy your day off…😘
With the following “Words of Wisdom” from her Mother rattling in her head
(Note: dievca’s Mum is becoming frail at 84, yet is still hitting the exercise bike for her arthritis) —
“Honey you may feel big, but I see you as strong and healthy which is so beautiful”.
Thanks, Mom XO
dievca is getting older (she’s a Libra) and she’s feeling her body losing muscle mass. In response, she’s working on it…
To motivate her progression – she ran into these photos of (young!) Athletes. she knows that she won’t be there anymore, but she can work to be the best dievca she can be.
There may be different heights, structural differences and muscle development which is endeavor specific ~ who cares?
Look how beautiful these Ladies are:
Are you feeling motivated?
The Tour de France is on!
And you might be motivated to get on the road or take part in your local spin class.
This t-shirt might get you going!
dievca picked up the fun biking/workout piece from the brand, Rapha, in London. The color of her t-shirt is the same as above with short sleeves. Below are the colors offered on the website, now.
Rapha has an offer:
If you have purchased a jersey this year and lost weight through riding, Rapha would like to offer you a 50% discount on your new size jersey.
Something motivating for your efforts in cycling!
Rapha downsize offer and interview with Ethan Souplee about learning to cycle and losing weight.
It’s been grey in NYC. dievca has tried to find a bit of sunshine to get through the day. Her Zadig & Voltaire “Amour” Sweater has been pulled out and put to use:
But, she needs more…
Here’s where she is going, maybe a couple of suggestions will speak to you:
- Talk to kids.
- Play with kids.
- Play like a kid.
- Learn something new (play a new sport or game, learn how to cook a new dish).
- Get outside, visit nature.
- Breathe Deep.
- Smell a Rose.
- Help someone in a small way (by carrying their groceries or help them up the stairs).
- Wear a favorite outfit.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Nurture romance (spend time just kissing your partner, buy a surprise gift, write a love letter).
- Lose yourself in a great book.
- Laugh and smile, no matter how you’re feeling.
- Sing out loud.
- Connect authentically with friends and family, sharing your vulnerabilities and happiness.
- Dance. If you can’t dance, just skip, gallop or run.
- Look around your World and appreciate it.
- Pay a compliment to a total stranger.
- Listen to “feel good” music.
- Serve others. Volunteer.
- Set a goal, then work to reach it.
- Enjoy the silence.
- Write a thank you letter or call someone for no particular reason other than just to say “I appreciate you.”
- Get messy (go barefoot, play in the sand).
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Offer to teach someone a new skill.
- Read a poem.
- Turn your errands into an adventure (make a game out of finding the shortest route through the store or spotting a VW bug while driving there).
- Take a nap in the sun.
- Ask someone for help and appreciate their sharing.
- Watch a favorite old movie for the hundredth time.
- Discover a new smell.
- Get rid of stuff. (Give to friends/family, resell, and donate – lightening your load and making someone else’s life better.)
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Make a commitment to change a bad habit, then do it.
- Create something.
- Eat a cupcake.
- Spend an evening by candlelight.
- Take a walk in the rain.
Or, maybe, try this sweater: