dievca has 6 pairs of boots sitting on the kitchen table sorted for resale. They are favorite boots that were a size 7-7.5, she now needs a size 8 to hold her right foot.
Here’s what is leaving – you’ve seen these on the blog (roll over the photos to see the brands):
dievca had success on eBay finding the Rodeo Brava Motorcycle Boots in the next size ($40), she’s eye-balling the Roberto del Carlo blue suede boots on eBay, two sizes up – nib.
she’d like to get a pair of cowboy boots and the red ones above caught her eye, they are the Free People New Frontiers Western Boots in red $148. she thought they would make Master laugh. He is always entertained by dievca’s boots.
But dievca cannot justify buying those cute red boots because she owns these Chloe Rylee Python Booties in red:
- Dries van Noten Teal Crocodile Derby’s $890 for $366 (now $240 – size 38 run more like an 8.5)
- Dries van Noten Snakeskin Platform Sandals $885 for $646 (sold out elsewhere)
- Laura Manoogian Brown Bow Pants $350 for $249 (Cheaper elsewhere, but the size was too large for dievca)
The Derby’s were too large, so they had to be returned. The pants will be worn in the Winter – they are a heavy knit.
The Sandals are being worn on this trip with:
- Eddie Bauer White Jeans $80 for $55
- Dries van Noten Floral Tee Shirt eBay $80
The customs re-imbursement bought:
- Dries van Noten purple knit bra and briefs $220 for $114 and $280 for $109
- Acne Studios Star Bag $250 for $98
- Pearls Before Swine Simple Silver Ring Set $250 for $137
Now, before you pass judgement on the amount spent…remember that dievca sold items this month at Buffalo Exchange for $300, the RealReal for $1250, and has 6 items out to Decades in LA. Plus two items have sold on eBay during dievca’s travels = $200.
$1488 bought, $1750 sold + with more listed.
And if you are interested – Master thinks dievca’s machinations for reducing and rebuilding her closet are hilarious.
“Diversity, dievca, Diversity”
- Stella McCartney for Adidas Purple Puffer Coat
- Stella McCartney for Adidas Purple Hat
- Mackage Farren Stretch Puffer Black Coat
- Max Mara Camel and Cashmere Black Cap
- Alice + Olivia Julien Puffer Multi-colored Puffer Coat
- Ivy Park for Adidas Green Hat
- Stand Studio Farrah Puffer Black Coat
- Alberta Ferretti Cashmere Red Hat
- Cougar Pillow Black Boots
- Mueslii Puffer Black Backpack
- Portolano Cashmere Black Mittens
And if you were wondering what dievca sold or gave away:
Along with three leather coats and two wool coats. The revamping continues!
dievca is an “eBayer” – she buys and sells. But with her Parents taking more of her time, dievca’s eBay listing practices have diminished. The “to be sold” items were piling up.
It took dievca more than two years to wrap her head around the idea of calling in an “online” consignment service to list her pile of stuff. This decision occurred immediately after selling a Hermes scarf for $350. That scarf sat on eBay for about 3+ years, 5 lowball bids, one sob story…
dievca doesn’t have the time to list items, cancel poor offers and she cannot keep the bigger items around until they sell. A silk scarf is one thing, but a leather jacket is another~
Stepping away from being in charge of her item’s presentation and setting the listing prices was tough for dievca. she had to mentally change her goal of getting the largest amount of money – to recycling items and clearing the closets.
It’s SPRING – time to clean.
At 9 am, a lovely lady came to dievca’s apartment and sorted through as many high-end items as dievca could find to sell.
Fendi, Missoni, Lanvin, Alaia, Moschino, Simone Rocha, Miu Miu, Sonia Rykiel, Michael Kors, Celine, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Manolo Blahnik, Repetto, Vivienne Westwood, Dries van Notan, Norma Kamali, etc.
After two hours, good conversation and coffee – 42 items left dievca’s apartment to be sold.
Cross fingers on the pricing…
Here’s the remnants:
dievca decided she is not going be a voyeur and watch what the items sell for ~ its too much. Whatever $ she gets, she gets.
The “leftover” pile has become one small bag of items to be listed on eBay – a much more manageable amount. Already a bag of mid-tier items was sold at Buffalo Exchange. There are pieces set aside for friends and the rest will be donated to Goodwill/ Housing Works.
All told, dievca got rid of about 90+ items.
And she’s not looking back!