Yesterday, the Swedish Consulate in NYC hosted a Midsommar Celebration in Battery Park City, downtown Manhattan. dievca biked down after work to see the chaos. According to her friend, it was quite similar to what goes on in Sweden for Midsommar. Singing, dancing, eating, drinking while wearing floral crowns. A celebration of the Earth, topped off with the raising of the phallic Maypole (something about balls and a cock piercing Mother Earth. etc.)
It was too crazy to try to get food, so a bodega further uptown offered simple fair and the Hudson River offered a spectacular view.
Today, dievca is working and then heading out to watch the Germany/Sweden World Cup game. Afterward. dievca is hosting a small cocktail party for her visiting friend.
Have a fabulous, close to Midsommar Saturday. 🥂🥃🍸🍺
Photos: dievca 06/2018 Battery Park
Sometimes you are looking for that word and you just cannot find it in English,
perhaps another language can help:
- Kummerspeck: literally means “grief bacon,” but actually means gaining weight from eating your feelings (German)
- Abbiocco: a feeling of drowsiness after stuffing yourself full of food (Italian)
- Forelsket: It is not love. It is not passion or lust or infatuation. It is a kind of bliss. A kind of effervescent joy. The unbearable lightness of being that accompanies falling in love.
- Schemomedjamo: to eat past the point of being full because the food is that good (Georgian)
- L’appel du vide: a feeling familiar to anyone who has climbed to the top of a mountain, looked over a bridge or stood on the edge of a balcony. It translates to “the call of the void.” It is the siren song that faintly compels you to jump. (French)
- Tartle: The nearly onomatopoeic word for that panicky hesitation just before you have to introduce someone whose name you can’t remember. (Scottish)
- Gigil: The urge to pinch or squeeze something that is irresistibly cute. (Filipino)
- Bakku-shan: Describes the experience of seeing a woman who appears pretty from behind but not from the front. (Japanese)
- L’esprit de l’escalier: Literally, “stairwell wit” — a too-late retort thought of only after departure. (French)
- Bilita Mpash: An amazing dream. Not just a “good” dream; the opposite of a nightmare. (Bantu)
And sometimes there are no just no words:
Sweltering in NYC and other places- hope you are staying cool!
Photo: Pirelli Calendar
Bachata is a style of dance that originated in the Dominican Republic. It is danced widely all over the world but not identically. The basics to the dance are three-step with a Cuban hip motion, followed by a tap including a hip movement on the 4th beat.
Throughout the Summer, in NYC, there is live music and dancing at various venues:
Lincoln Center, Bryant Park, Meatpacking District , the High Line, etc.
dievca’s Home Opener for summer dancing was in Bryant Park: Bachata
Since dievca is on the “free” WordPress Plan, she had to convert her video to a gif and lost the sound.
The Bryant Park offering was free and had a lesson before the heavy dancing began. Yes, a lot of people with Latin roots came out to dance, but there was a strong showing from the Asian population and more. dievca opted for a glass of Rosé with a friend during the class and hit the dance floor afterward. Inexpensive fun!
On a side note: the public bathrooms at Bryant Park have been renovated and are insanely nice….so if you are caught out in NYC and need to go — make sure you are around NYC Main Public Library to use the “Taj Mahal” of public bathrooms.
I thought I should respond by flashing back in my Moschino Pin-Up Raincoat.
Hmmm, lingerie or sans lingerie…
So, you are heading towards 50…
do you wear the bikini in public or not?
If you bought one from Fused Hawaii that has the Kohanaiki Top to hold those glorious breasts and the Kona Bottom to hug your spectacular curves without showing God & Country spillage.
dievca had really good luck with her
MOSS KOHANAIKI KONA SET,
but take a look around for other colors, patterns
You know its good
if dievca sent a bikini selfie to Master!
(click on the logo to link to the website)
to be Dominated.
The collar doesn’t lock,
but is forms a seamless tubular ring.